This is the archive version of the programme from 2017. Please also consult the latest programme.
This programme is deliberately subject to change based on contributions from you the participant.
- Identity and role of organisers/facilitators
- Structure of the workshop, ethos, expectations of participants etc
- Signposting online resources, arrangements for API access, protocol for contributions
- Birds-of-a feather groups based on expertise – get to know your peers
- Ice-breaker groups cutting across expertise – get to know your counterparts
Setting the Scene (1h30)
- Overview of conference papers/posters which are of relevance to the hackathon theme
- Lightning talks to outline an issue, or have a rant, of relevance to the workshop theme
- Contributors of systems or data identify themselves
- Voting on the issues/rants to take up in the working session
First Working Session (3h)
- Identification of break-out/table-top topics and groups
- Part 1 – elaborating the problem definition, identifying the tasks, contribution/role of group members, data/system to use, expertise/knowledge not available in the group
- Plenary exchange of summary of part 1, discussion
- Part 2 – start practical work
- Plenary feedback on progress, challenges
Reflections on Day 1
- Sharing thoughts and ideas that emerged from evening discussions, quiet reflection etc
Expansion on day 1 themes (3h)
- Continuation of efforts from first working session
Finalising and sharing efforts (3h)
- Getting outputs to a shareable state, writing notes, etc. Deposit into GitHub as a persistent store.
- Plenary presentations, Q&A, discussion
- Discussion on promising results to follow up, next steps.
Sign up at the conference registration page. Early-bird rates until January 11th.