* Deadline for submssion extended to 17th December 2018*
You can find the CFP on EasyChair at https://easychair.org/cfp/LAKHackathon2019
Welcome to the Fifth Learning Analytics Hackathon (LAK Hackathon). In this event, we focus on improving the learner’s experience through trusted and inclusive learning analytics across spaces. We want to give visibility to new LA tools, standards and infrastructures. If you have a research question, data set, idea or a problem bring it to the hackathon. We encourage joining the event no matter what your background. We aim to address the science-practice divide, by having practitioners and researchers working in multidisciplinary teams towards common objectives. To ensure continuity with the whole LAK community, this year we allow also one-day participation in the LAK Hackathon, to allow people interested in parallel pre-conference workshops also to join and bring their research questions.
You have an opportunity to submit proposals for research questions to be addressed and explored at #LAKHackathon 2019 the yearly hackathon event of the Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK) conference.
List of Topics
The purpose of submitting a paper proposal is to describe an open research question relevant to the LAK conference and therefore to the LAK Hackathon. We are not looking for finished work. We are not even looking for started work. We are looking for clear challenges that can be the starting points for tasks to be completed at the Hackathon. Each contribution should therefore briefly provide some context for the proposed research question, explain the expected outcomes and objectives that the author wish to be achieved by exploring this question at the LAK Hackathon 2019.
Examples of possible topics, taken from the expected outcomes of LAK Hackathon 2019 include:
- Multimodal Learning Analytics
- Data Interoperability
- Goal setting and analytics
- Student facing Open APIs
- Curriculum analytics
- Trusted Learning Analytics.
Read here more in detail the proposed challenges for the LAK Hackathon.
We are looking for short contributions following this template with a length of 1 page. The contribution should formulate clear research question(s) that are relevant for the hackathon, provide context through the referencing of previous research and explaining the targets you wished to be achieved. We expect the following structure for the short paper:
- Background: context and a short description of the problem to be addressed
- Research question(s): clear research question(s) to be answered at the hackathon
- Expected outcomes: description of the expected solutions to the research questions
Please submit your paper through the Easychair by 3 December 2018
- 30th October 2018 – Workshop calls for participation announced
- 3rd December 2018 – Workshop papers submission deadline
- 17th December 2018 – Workshop papers submission deadline EXTENDED
- 4th January 2019 – Notifications sent out (prior to early-bird registration deadline of 8 January 2019)
- 5th February 2019 – Final version of papers due for Companion Proceedings
- 4-5th March 2019 – LAK Hackathon taking place in Tempe, Arizona
(All deadlines at 23:59 Hawaii time.)
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com